Personal Information Protection and Privacy
How does BFF collect personal information?
We collect personal information that is voluntarily provided to us by our customers, members, sponsors, web site users and the public in general when they contact us via e-mail and web browser mostly.
As mentioned above, we may also collect personal information from our business partners and other third parties who have agreed to obtain the consent of the person the information pertains to before disclosing the information to us.
BFF may also collect personal information through the following means:
Photographs, Motion Pictures and Videos which we post on https://www.flickr.com/photos/brooklynfilmfestival/albums/.
Why does BFF collect your Personal Information?
BFF may collect personal information about you and use it for the following reasons:
- To inform you of screening changes and other relevant information pertaining to your purchase, to bill you when you make a purchase from us, to acknowledge your support and to contact you when necessary for these purposes.
- To provide you with services or recognition you request.
- To administer your submissions and applications for our programs and events. When you register to become a member of BFF we use your information to create and manage your member account.
- For marketing purposes. We may use your contact information to send you emails about promotions, surveys, contests and special events. Promotional e-mails are intended to inform you of new opportunities, events or special deals that are available from BFF. You can opt not to receive these emails from us by either clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email when you receive it or by visiting our website to change the terms of our relationship (i.e. the frequency of our emails to you)
- To improve the quality of your visit to our web site. We use electronic information such as “cookies” to improve your use of our web site. We collect certain information (e.g., purchasing trends) based on your navigation of our web site to better understand and serve our customers, members and web site visitors. This data allows us to streamline your ability to navigate our web site and develop featured programs and content that will be of interest to our customers and members and web site visitors.
- To improve our service offerings. We monitor and analyze the use of our service offerings in order to determine which services are popular and useful to our customers, members and web site visitors so that we can improve them.
- To better understand your interests. BFF. also may prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to describe our services and their popularity to our business partners and prospective advertisers and for other lawful purposes. The aggregated user statistics and information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
- To provide a secure and safe environment for our visitors and employees.
- To co-operate with law enforcement and to protect against violations of criminal or civil laws.
- Photographic, video and film cameras are only used to (a) protect BFF Inc., its customers and employees against security issues, including potential violations of civil and or criminal laws and (b) for our marketing purposes with respect to BFF events and services.
- We may use your personal information to respond when you submit a question or suggestion to us, or when you request assistance with your membership, donations, viewing your purchase(s), logging on to www.BFF.net, or accessing your account from our web site.
The Disclosure of Personal Information
How BFF Protects Your Privacy
All information submitted to our web site or email addresses is transferred to the BFF Inc. computer servers. During an on-line transaction, this information is submitted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL-enabled web browsers employ a security protocol between the client and the server computer in order to ensure that information will be transferred to the intended recipient secured servers only.
The internet is, by its nature, inherently open and subject to interception of information. We cannot guarantee that information you provide to us over the internet or otherwise will not be intercepted by third parties while it is being communicated by means that are outside of our control.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you, have any questions or concerns about BFF’s personal information collection, use and disclosure practices, please let us know and we will do our best to help you. Contact our office at 718 388 4306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.