If you are interested in learning how to put a festival together while working in a creative and stimulating atmosphere, part time and full time volunteering positions are currently available in the following areas:
Public Relations Assistant
Ideally, candidates should have public relations background in the film and television news arena. Duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting the Public Relations Manager with the following:
Updating the existing BFF media list
- Reaching out to publications and updating contacts
- Formatting list for specific films/locations
- Contacting consulates with specific, appropriate film information for their country
Development and distribution of press releases
- Contacting and/responding to press requests
- Setting up interviews for/with the festival and filmmakers
- Working with the filmmakers, producers and marketing staff of select films to distribute their materials to select media
- Tracking of media placements/send to BFF to post on website/confirm all media placements are on BFF website
Handling specific filmmaker requests
- Hotel stays
- Special needs for screenings
- Coordinating with their PR people
*MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT: JUNE 2-11, 2023.
We are seeking a dedicated individual who shares our passion and curiosity for independent filmmaking. A mindful and passionate person who could manage production assistants and volunteers. The ideal candidate has experience in prepping and managing working schedules, organizing events, and leading a group of volunteers. Responsibilities may include interviewing and assigning roles to volunteers, set up and break down festival events, preparing and sending out daily calls.
The pluses about you:
– Tech Savvy, comfortable composing emails and communicating with filmmakers and members of the festival team
– Organized, interested in scheduling, staffing, and team management
– Experience in film and/or festival production is a super plus
– Availability: Negotiable, but ideally 3 days/week – 5 hours/day during pre-production. Everyday from June 3-12 (festival production) – ideally 7-8 hours/day.
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Development)
Must be at least 18 years old.
Period: asap through June 12.
Experience in Scheduling, assign tasks to volunteers. Organize Shifts.
Period: May 24-June 12
Running the venue with special attention to the film presentations, audience needs and audience voting
Period: June 1-13
We are looking for a few PAs to work closely with the Production MGR throughout the production of BFF. You will be involved with the production of our promotional materials as a liaison between the office and the designer and will be asked to handle specific day-by-day tasks.
Period: May 10 through June 20
So are you interested? Need more information?
Contact us! e-mail : volunteer AT wbff.org